Thursday, March 10, 2005

Blogging Thoughts

Day 2 of blogging. Last night as I was trying to fall asleep, I was thinking about this blog. My husband laughed at me when I said I was going to blog our life over the next few years as we move to (and live in) Tbilisi. My reasoning is it will be easier to keep everyone up-to-date on our life and adventures without having to send a million emails. When I asked him why he laughed, he said "that's a lot of work to keep up with - good luck".

So, as I lay in bed last night his words kept running through my head. Hard work? Not really. A post here and there a few times a week - it doesn't seem like much. But then I started thinking about my scrapbook habit (stick with me here as I digress). My scrapbook habit is, at this point, pretty much just good intentions and horrible execution. I love, love, love to buy new scrapbook cack. I have gazillions of stickers, papers, scissors, cropping tools - you get the picture. I also have a beautiful rolling organizer bag thingy to keep all of my scrapbook cack in complete order. How much scrapbooking do I do? Well, in the last 6 months or so, I think I have completed one whole page. One. That's it. My son is going to be 3 in just a few short months and his baby scrapbook is woefully neglected. I have finished all of the pre-baby pages but have yet to actually scrap a page with his birth photos. Not to mention his first bath, first haircut, and all the other firsts. My photos from our 3 week trip to Italy back in 2001? Yep, still not scrapbooked. Our trip to Ireland in 2002? Next to the Italy photos in the storage box. I keep meaning to do them...

So, how does this relate to blogging? Well, I just wonder if my husband is right. Maybe, like with scrapbooking, I will be gung-ho on the blogging at first and have the best of intentions. I will study other blogs looking for great ideas...but when it comes to actually updating my blog, I might just neglect it a bit.

Only time will tell. Stay tuned and see if I post anything new.

1 Comments:

At 4/15/2005 10:25 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I fixed it! Thanks Scott.

 

<< Home