Friday, March 11, 2005

My quest not to neglect this blog

Ha. Day three of posting. Take that laughing husband. Though, to be honest, I really don't have much to post about. In the interest of trying to keep this blog related to our moving to Georgia, I guess I could post about the preparations for said move. Even though I am sick.to.death when it comes to talking about the move. Not to mention the planning, shopping, doctor appointments, dentist appointments, the government changing EVERY FREAKING THING at the last minute.

Where to begin? Should I mention that my living room looks like a minature Costco? It took two trips to Costco (using those huge flatbed carts, not the wimpy regular shopping cart) to buy the "consumables" that Dave and I decided we would need to ship immediately to Georgia. You know, the important stuff like peanut butter, toilet paper, boxes of macaroni and cheese (shut up, my son LOVES boxed macaroni and cheese and if you have a two-almost-three year old you know that if they will eat it, you will fix it). We have also purchased some big stuff that is (thankfully) in our storage unit. Things like a swing set for our son because we have heard the playgrounds in Tbilisi leave a bit to be desired. Things like bathroom storage cabinets because we have heard there is no storage in Georgian housing.

Aside from all the shopping, we all have been going for final dentist and doctor visits. The car went to the dealer for a full check-up as well before we have it crated and stuck on a ship for 3 months.

And I still have to find a formal-wear type dress. Men have it so easy. Dave walked into a store the other night, got fitted for a tuxedo, they had a tailor on duty and he hemmed up the pants, and whammo! Dave is ready for any formal events at the embassy. Me? I have been to 8 bazillion stores and have tried on 12 bazillion dresses and I still have nothing to show for it. Nada. Zip. Zilch. I have resorted to online searching and I still can't find anything that I like. I never thought I would say this, but I am sick of shopping. I don't wanna try on any more dresses. I don't want to wade through racks of frightening prom gowns ('tis the season, I guess). I just want a basic black, classy dress. Why is this so damn hard to find? At this point I am afraid I am going to end up whipping up something last minute from the government-issued curtains. Just call me Scarlett.

0 Comments:

<< Home