Sunday, October 30, 2005

Stress. It's What's For Breakfast.

How stressed am I? Where should I start?

1. In less than 2 weeks I will be leaving Georgia. I haven't even begun to think about packing.

2. I will be 30 weeks pregnant when I leave.

3. I have to travel 22 hours to get to Florida. 17 hours on planes, 5 hours in layovers.

4. I have to take 3 different flights. I hate to fly. Especially take-off. I have to do that 3 times. And I can't drink or take any kind of pill to help my anxiety.

5. I will be traveling with a 3.5 year old, who I love dearly, but can be trying at the best of times. Not to mention 22 hours of travel. Without his father to help out.

6. When I arrive in Florida, I will have to adjust myself and my three year old to an 8 hour time difference. That will take a few days at the least.

7. I arrive at 12:30 AM on Sunday. Monday at 8 am I have my first OB appt. with my midwife.

8. I failed my preliminary gestational diabetes test in Georgia. The doctor here thinks the lab screwed up the test. I happen to agree. But I need to either (a) retake the test as soon as possible when I get to the US or (b) take the 3 hour glucose challenge test. I'm not looking forward to either possibility.

9. After being away from the US for almost 7.5 months, I have so many people, family and friends, who want to see Blaine and I. It's hard to accommodate everyone and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But I am going to be in my last 10 weeks of pregnancy and I have to think about my health and my son's wellbeing before thinking of who I can visit today and who I can visit tomorrow.

10. I have to spend Christmas without my husband. Who is the love of my life. My son has to spend Christmas without his father. Who is his hero. (Well, Buzz Lightyear is also his hero, but dad still ranks number 1). We've never spent Christmas apart.

11. I'm concerned that David will not make it back to the states in time for the birth of our second child. But babies come when they want and we can just hope that our timing works out well.

12. I haven't finished purchasing souvenirs and Christmas presents for everyone.

13. I need to figure out how to reorganize all of the furniture in the office (which will be the baby's room) and the living room/playroom (which will now be an office and a living room). Oh, and the furniture in Blaine's room has to be reorganized so that the playroom stuff can move into his room. Gah. I won't have time to do all this. I will have to leave my "plan" with David and he will have to do it all.

14. I have to figure out what I can ship back to Tbilisi for the baby and what will be too big and will have to be checked into baggage on the plane when we come back.

Is it any wonder I'm feeling a bit on edge these days?

1 Comments:

At 11/01/2005 6:18 AM, Blogger Its Just Water said...

Plenty of hugs waiting in South Florida for you and Blaine. The girls are excited and cant wait to see you. Hopefully Boca will be back up and running by the time you get here.

 

<< Home