Friday, November 11, 2005

HIVES HIVES HIVES

As the prednisone shot has worn off, the hives have started to return. Blaine's face, arms, legs and back are covered in small hives - they look almost like chicken pox. Thanks goodness I have a note from the doctor which states that he is not contagious, because otherwise I don't think we would be allowed on the airplane.

We called the pediatrician this morning and she said the return of the hives is normal as the prednisone wears off, but to keep an eye on it and if he keeps getting worse, to get him another prednisone shot. YAY. So, our flight leaves at 11:30 tomorrow - what are the chances that I am going to end up giving Blaine a shot before we leave? Well, I won't, but David might (I can hardly bear to watch Blaine being given a shot, much less sticking him myself). You can buy prednisone over the counter at the pharmacy here, so we don't have to go back to the hospital. We just have to purchase it and purchase a syringe and BAM, we are a home health care agency.

I just hope we make it back to the states with no further incidents (though I told David this morning that at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if one of us broke a bone before boarding tomorrow).

0 Comments:

<< Home