Thursday, October 19, 2006

OMG! An update!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I have been neglecting the blog. Not intentional, I assure you, more like unavoidable. Life has been crazy busy in the past few weeks, and that, combined with a lack of computer (yes, it is still in the repair shop getting a new hard drive) has made updating this blog a bit difficult.

But now, I will summarize my life these past few weeks.

To start, I will say my daughter - she crawls. And stands. ON EVERYTHING. She's a climber, God help me. She finally learned how to get her fat belly up off the ground a few weeks ago and the same day she figured out (after crawling over to her brother and using him for leverage) how to get to her feet. After that, there was no stopping her. By the next day, she was climbing the stairs. Yes. Really. She can now manage 2 flights of stairs unaided. I hover behind in case she slips but so far, she has been pretty rock solid in the climbing department. Exhibit A:


This morning she decided to push her toy piano over to the bookcase and stand on top of that so she could pull books off of the shelf. No pictures of that, however, since I was too busy getting her down and could not take the time to stop for a photo op.

Also, I finally bit the bullet and left my children. You see, I have not spent a night apart from my kids since the day Blaine was born. The only 2 nights I have ever spent not under the same roof as my son, I was in the hospital for Kyra's birth. But the opportunity came for me to join David in Istanbul for 3 days at the end of one of his business trips and, since I have someone I trust unconditionally with my kids, I decided it was time to stretch the apron strings. So with a freezer full of milk (Kyra is still nursing) and assurances to the boy that I would be back to tuck him in in 3 days, I flew to Istanbul. And I'm so glad I did. Dave and I had a fantastic time - Istanbul is an amazing city and I fell in love with it. The kids did just fine without me (which is good, or so I keep telling my mommy-guilt-ridden conscience). The sights were amazing, the people wonderful, the food was a delight. And, the cherry on top? Istanbul has Starbucks. Oh yes. I will be going back.

There is more, but it's late, I'm tired and my bed beckons. I will try (but won't pinky swear) to update more tomorrow. Don't hold your breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home