Friday, January 20, 2006

A short update

My computer died a few weeks ago and I just now got it back from the repair shop. During my downtime, I was reduced to checking my email via computers at Kinkos with my 3 year old in tow. Not exactly an ideal situation when it comes to updating the blog, so it was necessary to neglect updates until now.

So, what has happened in the last 2 weeks? Well, David arrived safely from Georgia. Blaine and I were overjoyed to see him and it's nice to have him with us even if it is only 3 weeks.

Oh, and I had a baby. Less than 48 hours after David got here, we added Kyra Eleanor to our family. She was born Monday night, weighed a dainty 8 pounds, 12 ounces (compared to her brother's 10 pounds at birth) and was 21.5 inches long. She has a full head of hair and is just as precious as can be. We are all head over heels in love with her - even her big brother thinks she is "cool".