Thursday, May 24, 2007

And so it's done

The moving company arrived on Monday. By the end of the day, our entire house was packed in white boxes. Tuesday they arrived with the sea freight containers and loaded all the boxes in. Wednesday we cleaned and unpacked the "welcome kit" from the Embassy that we will live off of for the next week.

It's done. Our time here in Georgia is finished. We have a going-away bar-b-q this weekend with our close friends (thank you Juan Carlos and Stan for organizing and hosting.) We are in the process of saying our good-byes, preparing for our vacation in the US and looking forward to our new post.

Oh, and another thing that is done is my computer. Again. Less than 4 months after I got the damn thing back from the repair shop, the hard drive died again. Luckily this time I didn't lose any pictures or important documents, but I did, once again, lose email addresses. So, if you have written me recently and have not received a reply (Lynn, if you are reading this, please email me again) that would be why. Words of wisdom from me to all of you reading this: never, ever buy a Toshiba laptop. Once I have the thing repaired again (thank goodness we bought the extended warrenty on the craptop), I am going to sell it and buy a new laptop. A non-Toshiba laptop. Hopefully a laptop that won't need the LCD screen replaced 2x, the hard drive replaced 2x and the battery replaced once all in the first 3 years I own it.

1 Comments:

At 5/24/2007 10:08 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Woman, are you ever going to tell the masses where you are going next?
-STM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home