Wednesday, July 20, 2005

When are you going to update your blog?

I've been getting emails asking this. Well, let me tell you, I'm not neglecting my blog. Oh, no. But my internet connection is on the fritz and I have limited connectivity. My internet connection is up for 5 minutes and then down for 3 hours. I type an entry for the blog, spell check it and by the time I'm ready to post it, POOF, my internet is gone.

According to the Internet Gods here in Tbilisi, it seems that someone has put an unlicensed transmitter on the radio tower that we get our signal from and it is interfering with our signal. David and I were shocked that there was such a thing as a "licensed" signal in Tbilisi. Apparently, the company that we receive our internet service from has complained to the Georgian gov't. And apparently the Georgian gov't shrugged their shoulders and said "uh, what the hell are we supposed to do? Have you seen our economy? Our unemployment rate? Yeah, bootleg radio signals are just not a priority for us". So the company that provides our internet is having to change everything - from the transmitters on the tower to the receivers at every business and home. They should get to us, oh, sometime next week. I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime, I will blog it up in MS Word or Notepad or some other word processing program and post them when I can connect.

0 Comments:

<< Home